Somehow I made it through high school, college, and a Master’s degree without realizing how much I loved writing. It wasn’t until I had my first child and wrote a picture book for him that it occurred to me I might want to be an author.
I’m currently an elementary/middle school art teacher, but I’ve also worked as a:
- tree planter
- art therapist
- museum outreach coordinator
- homeless shelter art and music group leader
- flower arranger in a bouquet factory
- wilderness program canoe trip guide, and
- (absolutely terrible) waitress
- Writing snacks – Dark chocolate and dark roast coffee, salt and vinegar chips, raspberries, almond cakes and stroopwaffels
- Colors – Blue (favorite jeans, ocean, old bottles, swimming pools, sky) and red-orange (rust, fall leaves, poppies).
- Favorite Places – The beach; the west side of Vancouver Island; country roads around Nashville (dry-stacked rock walls and overhanging trees); the North Shore of Lake Superior; international markets, and outdoor cafés on the water
- Flowers – Anemones, poppies and water lilies
- Season – Fall
©2013 Jessica Young. All rights reserved.